Post Surgery Report

Whew, I am glad last week and weekend are over. I had a pretty rough time after my neuter surgery. I spent Friday night in hospital and my Foster Mommy picked me up Saturday. After we got home, she got really worried because my tail was not wagging, I would not move, and I was not interested in treats. She rushed me right back to the Vet, who determined that on top of being in pain from my surgery, I was dehydrated (I guess I did not drink enough while I was in the hospital). So they gave me some fluids, which perked me up. However, I still was not too interested in drinking over the weekend, so my foster Mommy had to give me fluids a few more times. I know she felt bad about sticking me with needles, but I did feel better each time after I had fluids. It took me about a week but I am feeling much better, so hopefully no more needles. My Foster Mom stayed home all weekend to hang out with me, and I even got to sleep in the people bed! Guess a little extra TLC can make things better. I heard the Doctor say that the next step is to start my heartworm treatment on February 2nd. Thank you for taking time to read my blog, and for your prayers and support. All my love, Tucker.

1 comment:

George Crew said...

Dear Tucker: We are sorry to hear that your surgery was tough - but we are very happy to hear that you are better now and ready for your heartworm treatment. From two guys - we (Benny & Joey) know the whole neuter experience can be an emotional roller coaster. Also, I, Joey, am a heartworm survivor, so I will definitely keep you in my thoughts. Our, Sis, sends her best! Take care, Benny, Joey & Elkie