Entering the Final Leg of the Marathon

Sorry I have not written for so long. I have been concentrating on making it through my heartworm treatment. For the most part I have handled the treatment well. I felt kind of puny for awhile and had to start taking a bunch of medicine again, but I plowed through it. I think I only have about one more month to go. In case you have not figured it out by now I am a stubborn and very determined little guy--I want to be in ship-shape for my "forever home." I have an excited feeling building in me that it will not be long now. I love my foster parents and I know they love me, but there are many other dogs that need to be rescued. I did over-hear my Foster Mother say that my 8-month-long roller coaster health battle has shaved a few years off her life. I think that I have made life interesting and kept her on her toes, but I do think she has more gray hair than she did when she first rescued me.

Some of you have asked what will happen to my blog. Well, I am already interviewing dogs who are interested in taking over the editor's position. I do have a couple of requirements...my name and picture should remain prominent, plus a periodic update on my post-adoption activities should be published. The new editor(s) will have big paws to fill so, I will be very thorough. Reference checks will be part of the decision making process.

Life has been super busy for the ARFP volunteers and and foster parents. I cannot believe how many puppies and dogs need homes. The lucky ones get rescued by ARFP. If you want to look at some of their adorable faces (of course they are not quite as cute as my face) and read their brief stories, you can go to http://arfpnc.blogspot.com/.

No comments: